Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tutorial Round-Up


My recent projects (still unpictured, 'cuz I am a LOUSY photographer!) have used some fantastic on-line tutorials/free patterns, and I want to give credit where it's due:

Ottobre purse -- I had a moment of confusion badness with the bottom edges, but figured it out and rectified it before it was too late. Not a fault of the pattern -- I just couldn't quite wrap my head around how it was supposed to work.

House on Hill Road twirly skirt -- Easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy. Great, clear instructions and beeyouteeful photos.

WiseCraft clothespin dollies -- there are lots of tutorials for these, all over, but Blair's version is my very favorite. My Secret Santa has three little girls, so they each get their own set, wrapped in a felt pouch, along with a mini-book about, respectively, a fairy, a ballerina, and a mermaid. I'm going to do a similar thing for my goddaughter and her sister for Christmas. Homemade dollies + a book = my perfect idea of a little-girl Christmas gift.

Of course, MY monkeys want a Wii. Ingrates.

No comments: